Chutki had just joined a
drawing class. She loved drawing by joining lines. She would sit at her study
table and draw lines on plain paper.
Her mother and father
noticed her efforts and felt that Chutki wanted to learn drawing. Art creates
positive emotions in any child. It instils a sense of accomplishment.
They asked Chutki,
"Daughter, do you like drawing? Would you like to learn drawing? Let's enrol
you in a drawing school."
Chutki nodded in
agreement. After this, Chutki was enrolled in a drawing school.
After class, Chutki came
home and sat at her desk. She took out the drawing paper and sharpened her
pencil. Only then could she create a precise drawing.
After returning from
drawing class, Chutki sat at her desk. She took out her drawing box from the
drawer. The box contained different types of pencils. These are essential for
drawing. An eraser and a sharpener were also included. Twelve-inch and six-inch
rulers were also arranged on the table.
Chutki began drawing lines
with a black pencil on the white drawing paper. She followed one line with
another. She drew a line continuously, then another next to it. Then she began
connecting two lines with a third. She began drawing another line, connecting
one line with another. This effort continued for a long time.
When she felt the shape
was complete, she held the paper in front of her eyes. Yes, it was an elephant.
In other words, her elephant had been created.
Chutki stared at her
drawing for a long time, fascinated by herself. "I've just started
learning. But what a wonderful art I create!" She stared at the shape for
a long time.
Suddenly, Chhutki felt the
shape move. The shape she had drawn began to take shape. It began to appear
three-dimensional. It seemed as if some living figure was moving.
Chhutki was frightened by
this. She closed her eyes. What kind of illusion is this? She wondered.
Just then she realized
that someone was sitting at her table. Who could it be?
Chhutki slowly opened her
eyes. A shapeless figure was sitting on the table. It was moving. It was
shaking its big head.
Seeing this, Chhutki
screamed, "Hey, what is this? Who are you?"
The figure said, "I
am your elephant, Chhutki! You just drew me on paper."
Chhutki panicked,
"You... and an elephant! Who made you? Did I? An elephant is not like
this. Your body is pointed all over. Your trunk, ears, legs, and tail are
pointed. Your entire body is misshapen and crooked."
The elephant said,
"Yes! You're right." But I am an elephant. An elephant you made. You
just drew me on drawing paper with your tiny fingers.
Chhutki burst into tears.
She thought, "This is an elephant! I made such an elephant! Does an
elephant ever look like this? What a terrible drawing I have!"
Tears began to fall from
Chhutki's eyes.
The elephant was startled.
He lifted his trunk and blew a light breeze towards Chhutki. He said, "Why
are you crying? Am I that bad? But I am your elephant. Your creation."
Chhutki said in a sad
voice, "You're not that bad. My drawing is bad. I have sculpted you so
badly. You do not even look like an elephant. There are corners sticking out in
places. Your ears, trunk, and feet are pointed. Is there an elephant made by
God like this? I am a bad artist!"
The elephant burst out
laughing. Chhutki looked at him, astonished. Then she said, "Why are you
laughing?" On how badly I have drawn!
The elephant, becoming
serious, said, "No, not on your drawing. Your drawing is not bad. You have
just started learning to draw. You are still very young. Your hands do not have
the precision and control. Any design becomes refined with practice. Keep
trying and practicing. You will make me into a fine elephant."
All you must do is close
your eyes and contemplate me. Imagine what I look like. Then start drawing the
outline with a pencil. Consider the proportions of the head and body, the
thickness of the legs and the shape of the nails, the length of the tail, and
the shape of the ears. My eyes are quite small in proportion to my body. Keep
that in mind. With some practice, you'll start drawing well."
Chutki was listening
intently to the elephant. She seemed confident that with continued effort and
imagination, she could create good figures.
Seeing Chhutki satisfied,
the elephant said, "Okay, Chhutki, now I'm going to draw your figure. You
keep trying. I'll see you again."
The elephant disappeared
into the drawing paper.
Chutki sharpened her pencil, picked up her eraser, and set about shaping the figure into a well-shaped elephant.
कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:
एक टिप्पणी भेजें